Digital 3-D print technology is gaining ground in the global market because it provides ample opportunities and applications in a variety of fields.
The STEM center, which will be established in PMG “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin “, aims to use this technology in the education of students in the profile” Software and Hardware Sciences “. The center is an educational environment that unites spaces, like the “laboratories of the future” and will serve all processes in it. There will be three zones – for presentations and practical work, for relaxation and for demonstrations and exhibitions.
The training in the STEM center will provide an opportunity for interdisciplinary learning and teaching and stimulating the creative activity of students, teamwork and the practical application of what has been learned. The new methods will be used in at least 6 subject areas – computer science and IT, biology and health education, physics, mathematics, geography and technology and entrepreneurship, stimulating student-teacher interaction.
Partner of PMG “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin ”in the implementation of the activities under the project for construction of a digital STEM center is the technological company“ 3DBGPRINT ”EOOD with experience on the Bulgarian market in the field of technologies, marketing, consulting and advertising. Since 2013, it has successfully developed the 3DBGPRINT brand on the Bulgarian market and is one of the first companies to introduce the Bulgarian market to innovative technologies in the field of 3D printing.
In this regard, trainings will be organized for teachers and students on the following topics: “Types of 3D printing technologies”, “Working with software for managing 3D printers”, “Requirements for modeling objects for 3D printing”, “Types of materials for 3D printing “,” SketchUp course “, etc.
The school’s incentive to integrate new teaching methods and create an innovative environment for teachers and students is provoked by the numerous successes, which this year again place the school at the top of the rankings in many disciplines. The past school year has been especially successful – for the first time in the 49-year history of the high school there are two students who graduated with laureate diplomas from the Ministry of Education and Science for outstanding achievements due to their excellent success at the Mathematics and Informatics Olympiads – Stoyan Malinin and Lyuben Baltadzhiev. . An absolute record is the participation of graduates of PMG – Haskovo in almost all finals of the national rounds of Olympiads – in mathematics, computer science, information technology, biology and health education, physics and astronomy, history and civilizations, Bulgarian language and literature, English, mathematics linguistics.
Top achievements in competitions and Olympiads for students for the academic year 2020/2021. are:
- Zhautikov Olympiad in Mathematics and Informatics – Stoyan Malinin and Lyuben Baltadzhiev – silver and bronze medals;
- Iranian Olympiad in Geometry – Lyuben Baltadjiev – 7th place;
- Mathematical tournament “Chernorizets Hrabar” – Stella Bineva – 2nd place;
- National winter competition – L. Baltadjiev – 1st place;
- National Spring Mathematical Competitions – Lyuben Baltadjiev – silver medal and thus became part of the expanded national team of Bulgaria, along with 13 other students;
- “Mathematics without borders” – Vanessa Bachvarova and Stella Bineva – silver and gold medal;
- Informatics – “Autumn Tournament” – excellent performance of Vanessa Bachvarova and Stoyan Malinin;
- Spring competitions in informatics – Martin Nedev and Vanessa Bachvarova are in the top 10 of the National rankings in the age group 7th grade;
- National Olympiad in Information Technologies – Martin Nedev – bronze medal, Denis Dzhumenov, Dimitar Devinizov, Dimitar Todorov, Plamena Nikolova;
- International Imagine Cup IT competition – excellent performance of the team of girls from PMG;
- National Olympiad in Mathematical Linguistics – excellent performance of Darena Georgieva, which makes her part of the national team of Bulgaria;
- European Olympiad in Statistics – won 9th and 10th place in both teams of the high school from 8th and 12th grade in competition with over 70 teams;
- National Olympiad in Physics and Astronomy – Stella Bineva, Martin Nedev, Ivan Gogov, who have won 3rd and 4th place in the country and become part of the expanded team of Bulgaria;
- National Olympiad in Biology and Health – Adelina Topalova – the only student from Haskovo region who has reached the final round of the Olympiad;
- National Olympiad in History and Civilizations – 6.00 for Martin Nedev;
- National Olympiad in Bulgarian Language and Literature – Marina Gospodinova – ranked in the top 10 of Bulgaria;
- National English Language Olympiad – Georgi Panayotov – ranked in the top 10 in his age group.
Behind the achievements of the students is the tireless work of the teachers of PMG “Acad. Boyan Petkanchin.
During the school year 2021/2022, the high school offers training to students in the following classes:
“Biology with intensive study of English”
“Mathematics and computer science with intensive study of English”
“Informatics with intensive study of English”
“Information Technology with Intensive English Language Learning”
“Informatics and information technologies with intensive study of English”