After a long-term partnership with the research team of prof. Ing. Pavol Alexy, PhD. from the Slovak Technical University, we are proud to introduce a brand-new material that is like a dream in the plastic world – a fully biodegradable filament for 3D printing.
This special material is called NonOilen®.
|Diameter:||1,75 mm, 2,85 mm|
|Kind of product:||PLA / PHB Filament|
|Color:||White / Beige|
|Net Weight:||750 g|
|Working temperature:||175–195 °C|
|Heating plate temperature:||0–50 °C|
- This filament is made of polylactic acid and polyhydroxy butyrate blend (PLA/PHB).
- The content of PHB improves the toughness, temperature resistance, and especially biodegradability.
- It perfectly fits into the principles of the circular economy, it can be reused many times, therefore, you can reduce the waste, and once the lifetime ends, it can be recycled.
- 100% made of polymers from renewable resources (bio-based)
- High strength, toughness, hardness
- Temperature resistance up to 110 °C – right after 3D printing, no need to anneal
- Easy 3D printing comparable with PLA
- Long-term durability of printed object
- Safe for food contact applications
- Objects may be washed in the dishwasher
- Barrier properties
- Natural silk look
- Polymer may be recycled many times with retention of the features
- 100% biodegradable in industrial compost and electric composters
- Decomposition in compost is about 3x faster than PLA
- No microplastics polluting environment is created during the biodegradation
- Decomposes only in a biologically active environment
- The byproducts from the decomposition process don’t cause the greenhouse effect
Comparison of our biodegradable filaments:
|PLA Extrafill||PLA Crystal Clear||Timberfill®||NonOilen®|
|Polymer base||polylactic acid||polylactic acid||mixture of biopolymers filled with 15 % of natural fibers||polylactic acid and polyhydroxy butyrate blend|
|Biodegradability||industrial composter (months)||industrial composter (months)||industrial composter (months)||industrial composter,
electric composter (90 days)
|55 / 80 °C||55 / 110 °C||55 / 80 °C||110/110 °C|
|Optical properties||yellowish, transparent||clear, transparent||wood-like, non-translucent||yellowish, non-translucent|
|Safe for food-contact applications||yes||yes||no||yes|
|Recyclability||Recyclable usually with loss of mechanical properties||Recyclable usually with loss of mechanical properties||Not recyclable||Recyclable, many times without loss of properties|