What are cookies and what is their role?
Cookies are small text files saved in the browser or in the memory of your computer and/or portable device when you visit a particular website.
The purpose of the cookies is to create a uniquely personalised experience for you at our online store, so that you don’t need to enter your data again and again. They allow our store to memorize your activity and preferences for a certain period of time, so that you don’t have to specify them every single time you visit the site or go back and forth between different pages. Some cookies collect analytical information about the behaviour of users.
There are different types of cookies. Some of them come directly from our website, others – from third parties who place cookies on our website. They may be stored for different periods of time in the browser or in your device. Session cookies, for example, are deleted from the computer or device as soon as you close your web browser. Persistent cookies, however, are stored on your computer or device until specifically deleted by you or until they reach their expiration date.
What types of cookies do we use on our website?
- Authorised and easy access to your user account
- Making sure that the website is secure
- Statistical analysis of your visits
Without this technology, our online store and our service wouldn’t be operating properly and to full capacity.
Some other cookies we use come from third parties and are called Third Party Cookies. These are:
- Analysis and statistics cookies – These cookies help us analyse the use of our online store and monitor the performance of our service and its communication. We use Google Analytics in order to rate how users interact with our store – the analysis tool shows us if you browsed a certain page, how much time you spent on our website and if you open the emails we send to you. This helps us provide you only with the information you would be interested in and improve the content and processes of the orders placed through our online store.
- Social network cookies – These cookies are integrated by social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, G+, Pinterest, YouTube, and their purpose is to maintain or improve the content of the website. For example, these are services allowing the users to play videos, to post comments, use buttons to like or share content, etc. We use the social networks in order to improve your interaction with our online store and to have an even closer relationship with you, our customers. Please, keep in mind that some of these platforms place cookies which are used for other purposes, such as behavioral advertising, analysis and market research. You can choose your preferences related to the settings for Facebook ads.
- Advertising platform cookies – The advertising cookies allows us to adapt our marketing strategies to you and your personal interests. In this way we can be sure that we will provide you with a highly personalised service in the future. This type of cookies store information about your visit to our website or a specific product page and/or category. Thus we can pick the right ads to show to you. Although these cookies may monitor the visits from your device to our website and other websites, they usually cannot identify you personally. Without these cookies, the ads you see may be much less suitable or interesting for you. In order to control them, you can use the following link: youronlinechoices.com
How to disable the cookies?
Disabling and enabling the cookies is possible from the settings of the browser you use. As a user, you have the right to enter your preferences for each browser and/or device that you use to access the Internet.
You want to learn more about the cookies and how to control them, disable them or delete them? For more detailed information, please visit www.aboutcookies.org